Sun Trust Bank offers you their very own credit cards. Their cards offer a lot of things. The cards are great in terms of the rewards they offer. You can use them at any store or place that accepts cards for unlimited cash back. The cards are secured and approved and are issued by Sun Trust Bank itself.
You can browse exciting reward options like cash back, travel, eGift cards, merchandise, and more on the mobile app or the website.
The only drawback is that you are required to have a great credit score for applying. The steps to activate the card or apply for it are very easy. We have explained them in the next steps.
Types of Sun Trust Credit Cards
The Sun Trust Credit Cards are available in these options. They are designed to meet the different needs of different people.
- Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Travel Rewards Credit Card
- Prime Rewards Credit Card
- Secured Credit Card
Perks and Rewards
- There is no annual fee for Prime Rewards and Cash Rewards credit cards.
- Has a mobile app to manage your credit card account easily.
- Cash Rewards Credit Card gives 5% cash back on spending $6000 on gas stations or grocery stores in the first 12 months.
- Travel Rewards Credit Card comes with a $89 annual fee but gives you $250 statement credit after you spend $3000.
- The Cash Rewards offers you $100 statement credit after spending $500.
- The Cash Rewards and Travel Rewards has 0% intro APR for first 15 months.
- They all have specific unlimited money back offers.
Like all other banks, there is a criterion for selecting who can apply for Sun Trust credit cards and activate them.
- You should be 18 or more to apply for the credit card.
- The consumer must have a valid SSN.
- Applicant must be a resident of the US and must have a US-based ID card.
- All payments should be in US dollars.
- Applicants must not be involved in any illegal activity.
- You should have a comparatively good credit score.
- All the cardholders must have a legal residence.
- The bank account number must be authentic.
Activation of Sun Trust Credit Cards
Activation is must to start using your credit card.
You can activate your card by using any of these ways. Simply follow the steps given below each and you’ll be done activating your card.
All you have to do is:
- Give them your Card number, expiration date, SSN, security code and ZIP code.
- As you are done filling the form, click on the activate button.
- Your account will be activated in a few seconds.
Activate through Phone
For activation by phone, simply call 866 432 2276. Activate your credit card by providing some basic information and your credit card number. You’ll receive a notification after that.
Apply at SunTrust.com
If you haven’t applied for a credit card yet, that is how you can do it. These steps are to guide you through the application or registration process.
- Visit the site www.suntrust.com.
- Go to the credit cards category.
- Choose the card of your choice.
- Click on “apply” tab.
- Sign in to your account or link your bank account if you haven’t already.
- You’ll be taken to an application form.
- Just fill in the form regarding your personal information, funding sources and address history.
- Verify your age and citizenship and you’ll be done.
Apply through Phone
You can also call 844-395-5042 for all the on-phone applications of credit cards. Just give them your basic information such as name, SSN, Bank name, etc. Your application will be submitted.
Payment can be done by multiple methods. You can do payments for your credit card online or by reaching out to any branch of Sun Trust Bank. You can also call 800-443-1032 for paying on your phone. Just provide them your account number and they will transact the amount from your bank account. To make payments online:
- Go on the mobile app or sign into www.suntrust.com
- Click on the payment option.
- Set your payments to recurring or one-time.
- Add in your account number and you’ll receive a confirmation notification.
For mailing your payments, send a paycheck and make sure that your account number is mentioned on the check. The payment will be received by the bank in a few days if you use this method. Their mailing address for payments is given below:
Customer Service at suntrust.com
Sun Trust has 24-hour automated assistance. Just call them at 800-786-8787. 800 SUNTRUST is the code. If your card is lost or you think someone stole it, call 800-786-8787 for help centers. If you are somewhere outside the US then contact them at 800. ST.Travel (800-7887-2835). You can also write emails to them for any confusion or query. Their mailing addresses are given below:
P.O. Box 85024
Richmond, VA 23285-5024
SunTrust Bank, Special Handling
P.O. Box 27572
Richmond, VA 23261-7572