Fermented rice of any type is the basic ingredient used in the rice vinegar recipe. Several forms of rice vinegar can be found to be prepared across the globe. This vinegar can be easily prepared at homes with commonly available kitchen materials and are used in the preparation of sauces, pickles, marinades, and dressings for the edibles. The forms of rice vinegar depend on the nature of rice used in preparing it. These are as follows:
How to make rice vinegar?
Ingredients for rice vinegar recipe are as follows:
- Egg white.
- Rice of the desired type.
- Mixing bowls.
- Measuring cup.
- A clean piece of cloth.
- Firstly, for the rice vinegar recipe, fermented rice is needed to make rice vinegar, the rice can be chosen as desired and the type of rice helps in creating the type of vinegar, for instance, brown rice is used in preparing brown rice vinegar, white rice is used in preparing white rice vinegar, and so on.
- Seasoned rice – Used for preparing the seasoned rice vinegar.
- Black rice – Used for preparing the black rice vinegar.
- White rice – Used for preparing the white rice vinegar.
- Red rice – Used for preparing the red rice vinegar.
- Brown rice – Used for preparing the brown rice vinegar.
- The rice must be placed in a bowl along with pure and clean water for soaking for around three to four hours. The rice then needs to be strained with the help of a clean piece of cloth. The water that is left as the residue needs to be placed in the refrigerator for at least twenty-four hours.
- After the time span, the water needs to be removed and for every one cup of the water, a ¾ cup of sugar must be mixed. The mixing should continue until the sugar gets completely dissolved and the mixture takes a homogeneous form.
- The mixture then needs to be cooked over a slow flame for approximately twenty minutes and then allowed to sit until it is completely cooled. The cooled mixture must then be poured into a container.
- The yeast must then be added to the mixture in a ration so that for every four full cups of the mixture, a ¼ tablespoon of yeast is mixed. This must be mixed well.
- The mixture then needs to be fermented for a span of 5 to 7 days. At a regular interval of time, the mixture must be checked for bubbles. After the bubbles clear, the mixture becomes ready for the next step.
- The mixture then needs to be re-fermented where it must be placed in a separate container and allowed to stay and get fermented for a longer span, approximately for five to six weeks.
- After the second step of fermentation, the rice vinegar is strained with the help of a clean cloth and boiled. A cloudy residue generates on boiling the mixture which can be removed by adding one egg white for every twenty cups of the mixture. This is not a necessary step; it can only be done to give the rice vinegar a clear appearance.
There is a lot of use associated with rice vinegar. Rice vinegar generally has a lower calorific value compared to the wine vinegar. This helps the rice vinegars to prevent illness that is caused by food consumption. On adding rice vinegar to the regular diet, the absorption of calcium in the body gets a boost.
Rice vinegar usually helps in maintaining good health and reduces the aging process to a significant extent. This is mainly possible due to the stoppage that the rice vinegar provides for the 2-fatty peroxides in the body.
Rice vinegar is often used as one of the natural agents for cleaning that are non-abrasive in nature. The use of rice vinegar can range to even simple things like adding it to a bucket of water and simply mopping the floor.
The helpful product in the form of rice vinegar can easily be prepared at homes using the most convenient and easy method as stated above.