Eureka Fund lets you directly support groundbreaking research. A few steps make this possible:
1. Scientists submit grant proposals to EurekaFund.org.
2. All proposals go through a peer-review merit evaluation by other scientists.
3. Eureka Fund posts select proposals online, where the public can make tax-deductible donations directly to the projects they’re most interested in.
4. Donations are aggregated until the funding goal is met.
5. Grants are made from Eureka Fund to the institution where the project is being conducted.
6. Scientists undertake the project, providing updates back to the Eureka Fund community.
7. New projects are posted on EurekaFund.org for people to learn details of the groundbreaking work that needs their support.